Most of us use Windows XP & when an application crashed in Windows XP, probably you get a request to send error reporting to Microsoft. If you are user of licensed version of Windows XP then Microsoft will solve these errors by microsoft reporting system ; if you are not? Then, these requests can become a little irritating. At that moment you should stop that error reporting. Do you know how to stop error reporting feature of windows xp?
To disable Error reporting:
- At first Right-click on My Computer icon on the desktop or in the Start menu and select “Properties” to open the System Properties window.
- Clicked the “Advanced” tab.
- Click on the button “Error Reporting” which is located at the bottom right of the System Properties window.
- Select the item “Disable error reporting”. It is advisable to leave a tick in the check box that says “But notify me when critical errors occur”.
- Click “OK” to exit the “Error Reporting” window and then click “OK” again to exit System Properties.
Note: If you perform these tasks you never be asked to send error reports to Microsoft again, but you will still receive error messages that might help with troubleshooting.