Different people likes different type of security to protect there data form un-authorized access. Somebody wants to lock there specific folder, somebody want to hide drive. I know that, you have curiosity to know how to hide Drive from computer, because you are reading the post “how to hide drive by command prompt”. We know there is an easy way to hide Drive by Group Policy, but there has some limitation. Because you can’t hide any drive of the computer, only you can hide some specified drive which are previously define. So that we will use command prompt here to hide any drive of computer which is not possible by Group Policy. So let’s go to start.
- Go to Run from start menu of taskbar (Windows key+R). Write down “Cmd” or click Start Menu>Programs>Accossories>Command Prompt.
- Command Prompt window will come to you.
- Now type “Diskpart” into Command Prompt & press on Enter key.
- Type again “List Volume” to the Command Prompt & then hit on Enter key.
- There will show Volume List of your computer.
- Now you have to select a volume that you want to hide. Suppose you want to hide E drive. So, type “select volume 3” & press Enter key (You can hide any drive of your computer).
- Type “Remove letter E” & click on Enter key (You should type your volume name instead of E that you want to hide)
- Finally your E: Drive will hide if you have completed above mentioned method.
How to Un-hide again?
- To Unhide the Drive again follows the steps 1-6 as mentioned above.
- Now Type “Assign letter E” (You should type your volume name instead of E).
- Hope you have gotten your E Drive again visible. If you don’t get it, simply restart your computer.